Aadhaar Biometric Lock/Unlock: Aadhaar card is one such card that should be taken full care by the owner. If the details of this card are exposed to a wrong person, it would be misused. In the first place, You should not be sharing any detail about it to any stranger. Apart from that, one could also lock or unlock their biometric details, for Safety Purposes!. In the sections below, we are going to discuss the processes in which we could do it.
When it comes to the Locking and Unlocking of the Aadhaar Biometric, then we have got a lot of different ways of doing it. This is a very easy process and one could do it easily sitting at home. You do not need to have any technical knowledge, in order to do so. The first way of locking the Aadhaar biometric is by visiting the official website of UIDAI. Here are the steps that one could follow in order to do so.
You can lock/unlock your Aadhaar biometric online in the condition of register mobile number. The One Time Password (OTP) to login for this service is sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number. without them, you are not eligible to benefit this secure service. In case, the mobile number is not linked to your Aadhaar card don’t worry! you can link Mobile number to Aadhar card here without any hesitation!
Biometric Lock: Steps To Enable Aadhaar Biometric Online
- The first thing you need to do is to go to this website through any of your devices. After that, you need to go to the biometric locking page or section. The alternative way to go to this page is to click on the resident.uidai.net.in/biometric-lock. You could simply click on this one and you will be directed to this page of biometric locking and unlocking.
- Once the page is found, you will see that, there are options that need to be filled. Here, you need to fill your Aaadhaar number and security code.
- As soon as the security code is filled by you at the space provided, an option will be generated that says “send OTP”. Click on that and you will see a code on your registered mobile number.
- After that, you need to write the code generated in the space provided. A verify option is generated there. Click on that.
- Another page will open up. In this page, you will see that there is an option of “Enable Biometric Locking”. Press that, and you are done.
Locking Biometric Using the UIDAI App
Another option and an alternative to the previous one is the use of UIDAI application. The steps that are given below will let you Lock Your Biometrics using this.
- If you do not have this application on your phone, you need to download it first. Go to the play store, search for the application and install it.
- After the installation process is complete, you need to open it up and then you need to add your profile in this.
- Once the profile is added, open it up. After opening the profile, you will see that there is a set of three vertical dots in the top right corner. You need to click on it.
- As you click on the dots, a lot of options will come on your phone screen. You do not have to look at all of them and just need to select the option named biometric settings.
- You will get checkboxes. You have to put a check mark in front of the Enable option.
- The moment you clicked on the Enable option, an OTP will be sent on the number you have registered. You do not need to write the OTP as it will be posted there automatically.
- Once the OTP is verified, you will see that your Biometric is locked. The activation of the lock may take 5-6 hours.
After we discussed, how to lock the biometrics of your Aadhaar number, we need to discuss the way in which we could disable the Aadhaar Biometric Lock, Aadhaar Biometric. Like the previous setting, there are two ways for this also. So, the first way would be unlocking of the biometric using the UIDAI website.
Aadhaar Biometric Unlocking Through UIDAI Website!
- The procedure of this setting is somewhat the same. You need to go to the official website and then to the page of the biometric settings. One alternate option of this navigation would be clicking on the address, mentioned in the earlier setting.
- After entering the page, you need to fill your details. An OTP would be sent to your number. You need to fill that up and then the verification will be done.
- Once the verification is done, you will be redirected to another page. This page contains a lot of options and there you need to select the option that says, disable. After clicking on the disable button, you will be able to do your Aadhaar Biometric Unlock.
Biometric Unlock: Steps To Disable Aadhaar Biometric Using mAadhaar App!
Again, the process of this setting is also the same as the previous one. Once you will go through the steps written below, you will understand the similarity between the two.
- The first thing is to go to the play store and download the mAadhaar app.
- Open the app and login in into it. Afterwards, add your profile.
- Like the previous setting, here also, you will get three vertical dots. You need to select that and a list of options would emerge.
- Ignore everything else and select biometric settings. You must have enabled or locked you’re biometric earlier. Now, you need to remove the tick mark from here.
- As you disable the biometric lock, your number will get an OTP. Copy that one and paste it in the space provided.
- Once the OTP is provided in the space provided, your number will be verified and your biometric will be unlocked. It will take the application, 10 minutes to unlock your biometric details. Remember that the unlocking has been done on a temporary basis.
Aadhaar Biometric Lock/Unlock Video Tutorial By UIDAI
So, these are all the steps needed to lock and unlock your biometrics. One could do these steps on their own with the utmost ease. There is no need for any technical knowledge, in order to complete the procedure. You just need to have a focused mind and all the necessary details.