In the wake of the demonetization act of the BJP government, the financial environment of the nation has undergone a lot of changes. People suffered a lot during the ban of old currency notes. There were a lot of problems, which the common people faced during the cash crunch situation. The government always maintained that the situation will change soon.
BHIM App Overview | UIDAISERVICES
To make the situation easy for the people of the country, the government urged the people to make use of the digital modes of transaction. This was safe, fast, and also assisted the government and the people to handle the cash crunch. To facilitate the digital monetary transactions for the buyers and the sellers, the government launched the BHIM application. The application helped in making the transaction of money via smart mobile phones. All the buyers and sellers had to do was to get a data pack in the mobile and install the BHIM application.
The full form of the term BHIM is Bharat Interface for Money This application was the brain child of the central government and the National Payments Corporation. The main advantage of the application is that it can be operated and linked with the bank accounts and also the applications, which operate under the UPI. The only drawback of the app is that if you want to use it, you will have to do it within the international borders of the country. Under no circumstances will it be operational in other countries.
What Is UPI?
The full form of the term UPI is United Payment Interface. It is the first of its kind that has been launched in the country. The development and the implementation of the platform were done after the Modi Government declared demonetization policy. With the help of this digital platform, two parties will get the advantage of transferring money from one account to the other. Thus, there is no need to carry hard cash. With the assistance of the UPI platform, the buyer will get the opportunity to make the cash transaction into the bank account of the trader. Both the participating parties will need the app installed in their smartphones for taking part in the digital transactions.
Aadhar Card Role in BHIM APP !!
The first thing that a person requires for making use of the BHIM application is their Aadhar Card. Without the proper registration of the Aadhar Code, the person will not be able to make the transaction. Through the BHIM app, the money will be transferred from the bank account of the buyer to the account of the seller. As the government has made it mandatory for the individuals to seed the bank account with the Aadhar Card, without the code it will not be possible to make the transactions. On top of this, the UPI will be used by the buyer as the pin code for activating the transaction process. The fingerprint of the payer can be used for authenticating the process. The Aadhar Card will contain the biometric details as well. Apart from this, the server will check the authentication of the account via the Aadhar code. Thus, the Aadhar Card is a must for this mode of payments.
BHIM App Features
Before making use of the BHIM application, it is important to know about the silent features of the app. The following are the key features of the application:
- To start with, the BHIM app can be possessed and used by anyone who has a smart mobile phone and internet data connection. The application will help the person in making any amount of cash transfer into the bank account of another person.
- The second feature of the application is that anyone will have the power to send or receive cash, via online modes, in an instant. For transferring the money via this mode, the person paying the cash need not get their name registered.
- With the assistance of the BHIM app, any person will be able to make the transactions at any hour. As it is an online process, it will operate without fail even on Sundays and national holidays.
- By the use of this digital mode of money transfer, the person making the cash payment need not know the recipients’ account details. All they need is the mobile number. When using the application, none of the parties need to have a net banking feature.
- Just like a PIN is required while using the plastic money, the entire transaction via the application will depend on correctly entering the UPI PIN. Apart from this, the person paying the cash can also authenticate the process by getting their fingerprint scanned.
- Internet connection is not mandatory for making the payment. The person will also be able to make use of the “Scan and Pay” method while making a payment at any of the shops. The app can also be used for checking the details of the bank statements.
- By downloading and sharing the QR code, the shopkeepers will be able to get the payment from the customers. The customer care contacts of all the banks are already fed into the application. It will assist the payer and the payee to get in touch with the bank authority in case an error happens.
- Apart from these, the app has been updated for the comfort of the common people. For now, the app can be installed in nine different languages. The people will have the opting of using the language they are comfortable with.
- For making the process of transaction more safe and easy, the government has made adjustments in the application. Now, the people will get the opportunity of using their Aadhar Code for activating the transaction procedure.
- If anyone is sending spam requests for collecting the cash, then the recipient will be able to block the particular number, with the help of the app. All other issues can be brought under the notice of the authority via the application.
BHIM App Download & Installing Process for Windows, iPhone, IOS and Android Devices
As it has already been mentioned, the BHIM app has been developed in such a way that it can be operated from mobile phones. The app was previously designed for smartphones, which ran on the Android OS. With time, the government wanted to reach out to the Windows and Apple users as well. It was to facilitate all with the advantage of using the digital mode of making payments. Now, the app has been upgraded and can be installed on Windows, Apple and Android phones as well. The following are the steps, which will assist anyone in downloading and installing the BHIM app in their mobile phones:
- The first thing that you need to do is switch on the data pack of a smartphone or get connected to the WiFi connection. If you have an Android phone then get into the Google Play Store. If you have a Windows phone then get into the Windows App store and if you have an iPhone then get into the iTunes.
- Next, you will have to type in “BHIM App” in the respective search boxes and click “ok” to initiate the search. Depending on the strength of the internet, your search engine will process the request for the application.
- When the search is complete and the app has been found, you will have to click on the button that s marked as “Install” and then you will have to wait patiently till the application is being downloaded.
- When the downloading has been completed, the BHIM application will get installed and saved in the smartphone by itself. You will not have to do anything for this step.
After the app has been installed, the user will have to select a language that he/she prefers to use. The next step is to click on the “Next” option. Then the user will also have to click on the “Next” option.
- The “Let’s Get Started Tab” will appear on the mobile phone screen. When this option appears, the user will have to click on this particular tab. This step will prepare for the verification process.
- One the tab has been clicked; the user will have to do the necessary verification by typing in the mobile number. For the verification to happen smoothly, the user must make sure that the particular mobile number has been seeded with the Aadhar Card and the bank account.
- Once the user does this, the mobile number will be checked and verified by itself. After this, the user will have to type in the passcode consisting of four digits.
- Once the user enters the passcode, the software will ask for reentering the passcode another time for the purpose of reconfirming the code. The user needs to type in the code properly.
- Once the code confirmation has been done, the names of all the banks will appear on the screen of the mobile phone. The user will have to select the bank or banks, where they have accounts.
- After the bank has been selected, the app will ask the user to choose the type of account from where the transaction needs to be done. This will have to activate by typing, in the end, six figures of the credit or the debit card.
- Last but not least; the user will have to validate the entire process by typing in the current year and the month. If everything has been done properly, the user will receive the authorization details for starting the transactions.
How to Add Bank Account in BHIM App?
Adding the bank account to the BHIM app is a must if the user wants to make use of the application for making the monetary transactions. The following are the steps that the user will have to follow for linking the preferred bank account with the app
- To initiate the process of making the transaction via the app, the user will have to link the bank account and the app by clicking on the linking option from the app dashboard.
- If you are using the app then you will have to link the bank account. At the time of making the transaction, you will get the opportunity of linking only one bank account at a time. There is no option of linking more than one account.
- When you click on the linking option, the list of all the banks, which are seeded with the app server, will be flashed on the mobile screen. From the list, the user will have to choose the respective bank.
- If you have only one account in the bank, the details of that particular account will be flashed. In case you have more than one account, the details of all the accounts will be displayed. You will have to select the account from where you want to continue the transaction.
- If you are not sure about the account you have selected, the opportunity of changing the preference is always open. Following the procedure again will enable you to select another account.
How to Use BHIM App?
For using the BHIM application, the interested candidate will have to follow the steps mentioned below. These steps are quite easy even illiterate people also can understand.
- The first thing that they will have to do is download the application. Once the download is complete, the application will get installed in the mobile phone automatically. The entire application will be saved in the system.
- While using the application for the very first time, the app software will ask the user for selecting the preferred language for setting the app. The users will be able to choose any of the two languages for the time being – Hindi and English.
- The next step will ask the user for allowing the app to authenticate the mobile number from where the app will be operated. With the step, the user will allow to application to generate and send notifications via SMS.
- In case the user is using dual SIM phones, they will have to choose the SIM that has been registered with the bank authority. Without this, it will not be possible to make monetary transactions.
- The next step is selecting the Password or the PIN code. The person will have to choose any 4 figured code and set it as the password or the PIN for operating the BHIM application. Once the PIN has been entered, the app will ask the person for reentering the PIN for confirmation.
- Once the PIN has been confirmed, the BHIM application dashboard will appear on the mobile phone screen. Then the person will have to choose one bank and it will be followed by the selection of the account for making the transaction successful.
Facility Provide by BHIM App
The following are the important facilities that the user will get from the BHIP app:
- With the help of the BHIM app, you will be able to say goodbye to the worries of carrying the plastic money or liquid cash. All you need is a mobile phone with the app installed in it for making the transactions.
- The BHIM application will allow you to send as well as receive money from any person. The only requirement is that the bank account and the Aadhar card should be properly seeded with one another for verification purpose.
- Apart from making the monetary transactions, the user will be able to check the account balance and other bank accounts related information via the application. Thus, it also reduced the need to go to the bank or the ATM for checking the account statement.
- If the user is thinking of changing the handset or the mobile number, even then they will be able to make use of the application. In case the user has a new handset, they will have to just download and install the app in the new phone. If the user is changing the number, they will have to update the information in the bank and continue using the benefits of the application.
- When making any monetary transaction, the user will be able to see the details of the transfer on the BHIM app itself. They will also receive the respective notification via SMS. It might so happen that the notification will not be received by the user immediately due to problems in the network. But the app will provide with immediate notification.
- While using the BHIM application, the users will not have to worry about any kind of automatic deductions from their respective accounts. The government has gifted the common people with a free of a cost payment application for making monetary transactions fast and easy.
- With the use of the BHIM application, the user will be able to take a look at all the transactions, which he/she had made. The details of all the transactions will be automatically saved in the app and you will be able to see it whenever required.
is it Available for Offline Use?
If you do not have access to the internet then too, you will be able to make use of the BHIM app for making the monitory transactions. This has been thought about by the respective departments for making the application effective for those who are not in the internet coverage area. For the offline utilization of the app, the person making the payment will have to take the snap of the QR code and scan it. Without the scanning of the QR code, the transaction will not be possible.
Transaction Limit & Charges of BHIM App
For the safety of the transactions being made by the BHIM app and to reduce too much pressure on the server, the government has set a maximum limit of Rs. 10,000 for every transaction. This means that the user will not be able to make a transaction of more than Rs. 10,000 at one go. The government has also set a limit for the maximum money that can be transacted in the span of 24 hours. The maximum amount that can be transferred in any given day cannot be more than Rs. 25,000.
As it has already been mentioned, the interested candidates, downloading, installing and using the BHIM application will not have to shell out any money from the pockets. The service is free of cost and the app will not make any deductions even when making the transactions.
The Speed of BHIM App
With the implementation of the BHIM application, the prayers of all those have been answered who were looking for a payment app that will work with lightning speed. If you are pressed for time, then using the BHIM app is the only option. The entire procedure of making the monetary transaction will be completed within a span of 20 seconds.
Security & Privacy Factors In BHIM App
Researchers have commented that the use of the BHIM app is very safe. The application will make use of three steps of authentication. The following are the reasons Why the BHIM app is so Secure?
- For making use of the application, the user will have to activate the application with the four digit code. If the transaction is not completed or the user starts operating another app before completing the transaction or receives a call, the app will cease to function. The user will have to activate the app once again.
- The application has been designed in such a way that the PIN code will be able to activate the app in the respective mobile phone. Even if the correct PIN code is typed in from another mobile phone, the application will not be activated.
- For making the transaction successful, the app will need the UPI-PIN. Without this passcode, the transaction will not be processed. The UPI-PIN will send to the user of the mobile and thus, there is no way in which any other person can have access to the code.
- With the help of encrypted pathways, all sorts of communication between the bank server and the BHIM app will not be available to others. It will provide more security to the transactions. The account details will be kept confidential, assessable to the account holder and the bank.
|Registered Banks Under BHIM App|
|4||Bank of Baroda|
|5||Bank of Maharashtra|
|6||Bank of India|
|8||Central Bank of India|
|9||Catholic Syrian Bank|
|17||Indian Overseas Bank|
|20||Karur Vysya Bank|
|22||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|23||Punjab National Bank|
|24||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|26||Standard Chartered Bank|
|27||South Indian Bank|
|28||State Bank of India|
|32||United Bank of India|
|33||Union Bank of India|
|34||Yes Bank Ltd|
Limitation of BHIM App
Though the app is very effective for making online and offline payments, you will be able to get some idea about the Two Drawbacks of the application:
- As of now, the users of the application will be able to link only one bank account. It might cause a problem as it the user will have to make sure that that particular account has balance for continuing the monetary transactions.
- When it comes to setting Virtual Addresses, the users will have access to only two at the time. The first VPA will be set by default and the second one can be created by the person using the application.