Deactivate/cancel the Aadhaar of a dead person: Aadhaar card has become a very important part of our lives, but what should we do to the Aadhaar card of a person who is no more? Well, many people do not know How to deactivate/cancel the aadhaar card of a dead person?. Actually, there is No Provision for doing so. We could just follow a few of the things that do not lead to the Misuse of the Aadhaar card of a person who is no more. So, in the sections below, we will be discussing the same.
Prevent Misuse Of Dead Person’s Aadhaar Card
No Provision To Cancel The AADHAAR of a Dead Person: We know that keeping the aadhar card of a dead person is not good, as anyone could take advantage of the situation and could use it to serve their greed in various ways. As we have mentioned earlier, that there is no procedure to delete or deactivate the aadhaar card of a dead person, we could only take certain steps in order to stop the misuse of it. Given below is the list of these few steps.
- All those who have their aadhaar cards issued must be aware of the fact that it is all about biometrics. You must have seen that, if someone loses his or her aadhaar card, an aadhaar biometric lock helps him or her in finding that. So, in order to stop the misuse of the Aadhaar card of a demised person, you need to go the mAadhaar app or on the official website of UIDAI. There, you need to lock the biometric of the particular person. When the biometric of a person is locked, no one could get access to that particular aadhaar number. It would be the first thing that one could do in this regard.
- One thing that each and every person with an aadhaar card should have in their mind that, the details of Aadhaar should not be shared with anyone at any cost. Only share the required information. Suppose, you are going to do some bank activity and your aadhaar number is needed there, then share only that.
- A lot of you must have experienced fake calls. The first thing that you have to do is to recognize the call, whether it is from a genuine person or not. If you are unable to do so, the safest side is not to tell anyone about your aadhar detail. We are here talking about the aadhaar details of the person who is no more. This is definite that a person who wants to misuse this card would call any of the kinsmen of the demised individual. Now, it is the responsibility of the person getting the call, that he or she should not share the details with anyone. They will say that they are calling from the bank and they need to close the particular account. There are no such provisions. So, beware of such frauds and think before giving the Aadhar details to anyone.
- One of the most important things, after the biometric, is the phone number that you have registered with the Aadhaar card. We mentioned earlier that, a lot of services could be conducted with the help of the Aadhaar number. You will have to understand that if you are doing some work, you will receive various OTPs. Now, these OTPs are received on the number that is registered. So, you need to protect this sim card.
This is one aspect of using the sim card. Another reason for the protection of the sim card is that, if you lose it somewhere a thief or any such person gets the hold of it and tries to misuse it, the police will come to the person, who has registered the sim card. In simple words, the person registered the sim card will be in trouble if it is misused. Once a person is no more, it becomes the prime duty of the people around, to protect his sim card associated with such important things.
- On the UIDAI official site, there is a page, where you could update if you have changed any detail linked to your Aadhaar card. This may be your number or any other thing. In the same manner, a person’s demise could be updated to the website. in order to do so, you need to visit the website and then gather all the info required. you may be asked to call the authorities responsible for listening to these issues. Call them and tell them about the situation. As a responsible citizen, this becomes your duty. Also, this will prevent any possible Aadhaar fraud in the future, especially from the demised person’s ID.
So, these were all the steps that one could conduct, in order to avoid any Aadhaar fraud. Now, we will answer some of the frequently asked questions regarding this topic.
Is it compulsory to cancel the Aadhaar number, after a person’s demise?
What is the process of deactivation of Aadhaar ID or number?
How to make changes in the Aadhar card of a demised person?