Hey Reader, First of all thanks for visiting our website. So lets get to the main question “How to upload driving licence to digilocker ?”. So the answer is you don’t actually have to upload photocopy or scanned copy Of your Licence, The Licence will be automatically fetched from the database of digilocker after you successfully verify yourself.
Having uploaded it in digilocker means you do not need to carry the hard copy of your driving licence everywhere. Government’s Digital india initiative digilocker app now lets you store registration paper in your documents for truly paperless experience. The process is very simple.
How to Add / Upload Driving Licence To Digilocker Using Android Mobile:
- First of all download digilocker app from playstore.
- Then Open the app and sign up yourself using mobile number and OTP verification.
- Then Enter Your UID / Aadhaar Number.
- Now Scan the Documents you want to upload to digilocker.
- That’s it! the documents will now be secured in this cloud based app.
The Delay for now is the traffic police officers and other officials have to carry technology which can verify documents from digilocker app. Another feature is you can be chalan directly through the app. While it all sounds good it will be interesting to see how the government ensure the cyber security of these documents and also how well the app is executed.
How To Link Driving Licence or RC To Digilocker Using PC Website
- Visit the official Official Portal Of Digilocker :- digilocker.gov.in.
- If you haven’t register yourself there then you need to do sigh in first. You can signup using your mobile number and aadhaar card. Aadhar Card Is Mandatory to use digilocker initiative.
- Once you signed up, just login to digilocker and click on already “Issued Documents” Option.
- Now Move your cursor and click on “Pull Documents” Button.
- In partner’s name, choose “Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways, All States”.
- As A ‘Documents type’ you need to find ‘Driving Licence’ Option in drop down menu and select it. You will see below given situation there.
- You need to give them your identity-information like Full Name, driving licence number, home address, and DOB.
- Since you clicked on issued documents digilocker engine will automatically fetch your driving licence copy from database.
- Now, your document is saved there and you can access anytime you want. you can also access these documents or just a driving licence using the Digilocker mobile application also.
Why Use Digilocker To Store Documents?
There are lots of benefits if anyone decides to use diglocker. Some of them are described here.
- No one has access to important documents stored in App. No Leaks Of Important And confidential Documents has been reported yet.
- One Can Access digital account through unique user ID Which makes documents safe for use.
- Digilocker account can easily accessible by going to the website digilocker.gov.in and also can be accessed through their Android app store.
- The Digilocker app Gives you instant access to your driving licence, aadhaar card, RC Book like documents when you need them as soon as you open the app whenever you need to provide your documents, soft copies will be available in simple steps.
- It obviously help as you won’t have to carry your documents physically hence there are lesser chances of theft and you losing your documents
- One has to submit their documents much before their investments are approved or processed. The entire process of availing documents is tedious procedure. Online Documents can be produced easily hence quickening the process of making investments or other bank transactions.
- E signature is a trend that has picked up in the past few years from online orders to submitting documents online. It further helps in easing your applications and transactions.
- Besides licences and aadhaar card, documents like school certificates and degrees which have administrative costs attached to them can be directly issued in your account. They wont need further verification and they will be provided by the authority directly.
- The Final Benefit which can not be ignored is it is absolutely free of cost and mandated legal. It can easily be open if you have aadhaar.