Why is Aadhaar KYC essential in IRCTC?
Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has allowed peoples to book train tickets without standing in line at their home. If you have not linked your Aadhaar card to IRCTC account you have a limit up to 6 train tickets every month. that means you are not eligible to book more than 6 tickets per month. for that, your IRCTC account should be Aadhaar verified to book 12 tickets in a month. That’s why your aadhaar card KYC (Know Your Customer) is essential in IRCTC app or website. in this article, you will know how to link your aadhaar card with your IRCTC account online? and how to verify passengers details with aadhaar number?
As per the IRCTC guidelines, users required to verify passengers via their respective aadhaar number and store the verified passenger’s details in the passenger master list. This whole process should be done before the ticket booking online through irctc website or app.
How To Link Aadhaar Card With Your IRCTC Account?
Our honourable prime minister Narendra Modi led government has taken a few steps to motivate Indian citizens to link their aadhaar card with various services like PAN card, Bank account, Ration card etc. Indian railway department has officially declared without aadhaar verification citizens can be booked only 6 tickets in a month. but you can go beyond this limit by linking IRCTC account with your aadhaar card. You can follow the below given 10 steps to link aadhaar card with your irctc account online.
STEP 1: First of all open IRCTC official website www.irctc.co.in
STEP 2: Find the Login option and click on it.
STEP 3: Enter your IRCTC account User ID & Password
STEP 4: After providing your login details your profile section will appear on your screen
STEP 5: Navigate the “My Account” section and click on “Link Your Aadhaar” option.
STEP 6: Enter your 12 digits aadhaar number and tick the disclaimer option, go with “Send OTP” option by clicking it.
STEP 7: Enter the One Time Password aka OTP which you received on your aadhaar registered mobile number and click the “Verify OTP” option.
STEP 8: Details which you’d entered will be displayed on the screen.
STEP 9: Then tick the disclaimer box and click the “Update” button.
STEP 10: At last you will display the message as “Your Aadhaar verification is successful and KYC details have been updated ” See below given screenshot.
How to Verify Passengers With Aadhaar Number?
In order to verify passengers with aadhaar number, your master list should be complete along with passengers details. if you’re going to book the ticket online, you would go with following mentioned steps to add passengers details such as name, ID card type, Gender, Date of birth etcetera in the master list and verify it with respective aadhaar card.
- Search for IRCTC official website in Google: www.irctc.co.in
- Log in with your IRCTC User ID & Password.
- On the webpage locate “My Profile” section, access the dropdown menu and choose “Master List” option.
- There you will display the master list form format. Just enter the given details such name, gender, birth date, senior citizen concession etc details.
- Now go to “ID card type” option and select the “Aadhaar card” option from the drop-down menu.
- Check again all the details which you entered, then hit the “Submit” button.
- After clicking on Submit button, entered passengers details will be added in the master list. check the “Verification Status” section where you will be notified by “Pending” OR “Verified” Status.
- Click to check pending aadhaar verification status which provided in above given list.
- In case your aadhar verification is done you will mention “Verified” and if not done! “Not Verified” displayed.
- Unfortunately, show “Not Verified” status don’t worry you can edit previously filled details by clicking on the “Edit” option appeared beside Verification Status section.
Solve Identity Data Mismatch Error In IRCTC Profile
A number of people have confusion about Identity Mismatch error even after updating aadhaar number in IRCTC profile. in this situation, firstly you should check whether you have entered the correct Aadhaar number then re-check your other personal details which you’d entered during filing details such name, date of birth etc details in IRTCT profile with Aadhaar. in case you found any mismatch details, make it correct instantly.
- Possibility for Mismatch Error
- Compare your irctc profile name, date of birth, gender details along with spelling with your Aadhaar card.
- The most important thing your aadhaar registered mobile number should be matched with your irctc profile.
- Your aadhaar biometric authentication might not have worked properly
- A possibility when you linked your aadhaar details with irctc profile, UIDAI server was down that time.
Note: After doing all things still, you face any problem, can raise the issue with IRCTC helpline
How To Book More Than 6 Tickets in a Month By Aadhaar Verified IRCTC User ID!
To book more than 6 tickets, irctc user id should be aadhaar verified or one of the traveling passenger should be aadhaar verified. during irctc ticket booking, aadhaar verified travelling passengers must be selected from saved passenger list. follow steps will help you to book more than 6 tickets in a month for aadhaar verified IRCTC account.
- Login IRCTC official website to book the ticket, then enter journey details and proceed for booking.
- You will display the various train list. there you go select the train and continue booking.
- At passenger details fillup page, click on “My saved passengers list” and select the aadhaar verified passenger from the right side pannel.
- Passenger details as will be automatically fetched on the Reservation form.
- Only one of the travelling passengers should be Aadhaar verified and to be selected from My Saved Passenger(s) List. Details of rest passengers can be submitted through the keyboard.
- Continue Booking process.
- Review booking details and check the Aadhaar number displayed under Travelling Passengers.
- Select the payment gateway of your choice and continue to payment page.
- On successful payment, a booking confirmation page will display.
- This way you can book more than 6 irctc ticket and a maximum of 12 tickets per month.