Lately, the Government has announced that it is not compulsory to link your Aadhaar card with money wallets. Well, this particular norm has given rise to a question that How to unlink aadhaar card from paytm account?. This question is important as Paytm has emerged as one of the best money wallets, used by Indians for their daily chores. It is very easy to conduct the whole process. You just need to follow certain steps. So, here are the steps that would let you do your Aadhaar card unlinking from the Paytm App. it’s quite an easy process. Just follow the step by step process.
- In the process to unlink Aadhaar from Paytm, you need to open the Paytm application in your phone or tablet. Once you have opened the app, you need to go to the first drop-down menu, which could be found at the top left-hand side of the application. It is just near the point where Paytm is written and the search bar is located.
- Once you open that particular menu, you will see a lot of options popping at your phone’s screen. You just have to select the “more settings” options. This option could be found in the menu only. Before this, you need to click on your name that is displayed above the QR code. Once that is done, and then only you will be directed to the MORE SETTINGS option.
- After the completion of the previous step, you will see that there is an option of “24×7 help”. This could be found at the bottom of the menu. So, in order to look for it, you need to scroll till the end. Once it is found, click on it to proceed further.
- Once you have selected the “24×7 help” option, you will see that there are a lot of options emerging on the screen. Do not get confused with it and just select the “contact 24×7” option. This is the option that will lead you to get the solution to your problem.
- As the name of this option suggests, it is related to customer support and care. So, as soon as you will click on the particular button, you will see that there are lots of numbers on your phone screen. You need to ignore each one of it and just have to select “bank, wallets, and payments”. Copy that number to your clipboard and you make a call.
- The further process is as easy as calling to the customer serviced of any company. Once your call is connected, you will be asked to select a language of conveyance. This will be exactly in the way, your mobile company asks you to select the options.
- Select the language first and then move towards the actual policies. Listen to the instructions carefully and then select the one that will answer your KYC related problems. Probably, you need to select 2 for this one.
- Now, under this section also, categories are divided. If you want to get the information regarding the number from which you have called, then you need to press 1. If you have done the KYC of your Paytm Id using a different number and you want to get information related to that, then you should press 2. Always remember, this is a very serious procedure, so one is expected to pay full attention.
- Till now, you won’t get the privilege of talking to the representative. Once you have done the previous step, you will be notified, whether you are a KYC verified customer or not. Once that confirmation comes, you will be asked, whether you want to talk to the representative or not. You need to press 1, in order to have a conversation with the representative.
- After the successful completion of the previous step, you will be asked to write your wallet transaction ID. This is the most important step to be done. So, do it carefully. You could either enter the transaction ID or you could enter your passcode. For entering the ID, press 2 and for entering the code, press 1. If you do not have your password set already, do it first with the help of the application. If you want to continue the process, with the help of transaction ID, then you need to generate it first.
- The moment you will enter your details, your call would be transferred to the Paytm representative. Once you are in the conversation with the agent, you need to tell, him or her about your problem. Say that you need to unlink your Aadhaar ID from your Paytm account. The agent or the representative will tell you that, if you delink your Aadhaar from your Paytm account, then the KYC of your account will vanish and in order to do it again, you will have to visit your nearest KYC centre. After understanding all the things, you have to tell him to proceed.
- After the previous step, the representative will ask you some of the necessary details or any identity proof. You need to tell him or her Email ID that you have registered. As soon as you will tell him the ID, you will receive an Email. The email will ask you to send the picture of your Aadhaar card for verification.
- Send the pictures on the email address from which you have received the mail. Once that is done, you will be asked to confirm your request. Press on the confirm button and then wait.
- Within 72 hours, you will receive a confirmation mail and you will see that your Paytm Aadhaar card has been delinked from your account.
So, that was all about the procedure of delinking the Aadhaar details from your Paytm account. If you have read all the points, then you must be aware, that the whole procedure is very easy. You just need to have all the necessary details required for the completion of the process.